Thursday, July 15, 2010

Lubbock's Tech Terrace Neighborhood

Yesterday I got to visit with a homeowner and take a leisurely driving tour through Tech Terrace. Including some great Tech Terrace homes that are for sale by their owner's, there is now a near record number of homes available in this great neighborhood.

If you have time, drive through the neighborhood some morning. It is so quiet and lovely. People are out walking, jogging, taking their pups for an outing. The trees and many of the yards are worth some ooohing and aaahing.

Yesterday I saw a couple of great examples of mid-century modern architecture in Tech Terrace. I tend to photograph the bungalows and cottages that were likely built from 1925 through 1940. However, Tech Terrace homes are as diverse in style as the neighborhoods residents. I took some new pictures yesterday and will post them soon.

I plan to go see my 'good vibrations' home soon. (see previous post) If you want to go with me, please give me a shout and I'll plan around your schedule. If there are any other homes in Lubbock you want to see, give me a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment